Battlefield 3

Anything

Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Battlefield 3

Postby Dimon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38:12

B00rz wrote:these days, most games are made to play on consoles and ported to PC which is just wrong...

Aye, it's silly tbh... But since that where most of the money is, so I guess it will stay that way for now. :d

Pride wrote:The only good thing about consoles and their games is that you never have to worry whether a game will run smoothly on it, or not.

Unless you own a PS3? :lol:

Zen wrote:btw my brother got it for PC but he cant seem to get multiplayer to work for some reason, single player works fine on max res and all but when he goes for multiplayer on PB servers it just crashes, do you need a specific version of PB or something? when he starts it up the green just go black and then it crashes, but it works on non-secured servers.

http://bit.ly/rp0LJe

But yeah PB is pretty shitty. Remember I had to manually update PB to get mine to work tho... CBA finding out whats needed to do that now tho. He should do some digging himself! :D

King wrote:might be firewall popup asking if pb is ok to connect or something, blackscreen crashes are usually due to that sort of thing, at least with comodo =P

It's always smart to make firewall rules for Punk Buster and the game .exe's before you try to launch it.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Tue Dec 27, 2011 14:29:33

Can his PC handle it first and foremost?

I had issues with random disconnects. But before you play go to services on your pc and then "stop" SSSD Discovery" it will ask you to stop UnPnP also. Click yes to stop that too. After this it works fine.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 17:39:35

update graphics drivers
make sure firewall is letting it through
check to make sure its been added to punkbuster and punkbuster is up to date

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Zen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 18:51:04

Guess he has to do some diggin about PB, since he doesnt DC or have graphic issues or something, only problem is to get on the pb secure servers, all others are working fine so, guessing he needs some updates or something first hand.
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Wed Mar 14, 2012 18:42:54

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Wed Mar 14, 2012 19:11:36

I've mentioned it before and i'm sure i'll have to again, but since the youtube embedding thing changed you need to remove all the extra crap after the video ID in the url, so anything after and including the first & n it.

They did pretty well there, although its on normal so hardly surprising.
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Previous

Return to General Chat