Day Z

Anything

Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Day Z

Postby Dimon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:28:57

It shot up in popularity around that time, so that's probably why...

And yes, but bunny is safe so don't worry! :D

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jun 18, 2012 06:59:56

http://dayz.alayton.net/
Yet another DayZ map, I like this one much better though as its alot clearer regarding loot and you can filter stuff out.

For those that don't know we got a server thats now up and running to test for a month to see how it goes.

Hopefully a few more of yous will check out DayZ? Perhaps ArmA will be at a knockdown price in the steam sales soon, if it does I highly recommend picking it up. I plan to do a little website update again this Wednesday regarding DayZ and the new server (assuming its stable) as we potentially will be getting some new traffic coming our way due DayZ servers filling up really fast - would be nice to add some players to the community.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Mon Jun 18, 2012 07:40:15

Server timezone can't be changed, so that renders it pretty much unplayable at peek time for us. Also name can't be changed either.

Thinking of asking for refund cause it's pointless having a server we can't play on in the evening due to it being pitch black.
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jun 18, 2012 08:35:37

That sucks about it always been pitch black at our peak playing time. Am mean other eu servers are daylight at 7-10pmish so it mist be changable somehow.

Name I can live with but your right constant darkness ain't cool.

I like the way night is implemented, it's pitch black as it should be but I wish it wasn't based on 24 hours realtime because people can't play 24 hours a day. Would be better if a 24 hour cycle was a six hour period or something. I like the idea of hiding out till the sun comes up again.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:59:06

The time is based on the actual hardware's system time. "can't change it cause it'll affect other servers on the same box". Being in Germany, it's already an hour ahead of us so going to get darker sooner. Need to look for a London based one, with time offset, or more expensively a dedicated server (can run other shit off that though).
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Jupsik
Steven Seagal
Steven Seagal

Postby Jupsik » Tue Jun 19, 2012 03:14:27

or they could change when the sun sets in the game itself

Boorz! i demand a new sig :D
Request granted!

Talho
Ryu
Ryu

Postby Talho » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:29:10

Just found out about this and I'm definitely mindblown by this game, I might buy it. Just looking around if I can find some people to play with. Are you guys still playing this a lot ?

Btw I heard you only need arrowhead for this, cause arma2 is free right now, but it's just lower player graphics then if you'd buy it.
Love is that which enables choice. Love is always stronger than fear. Always choose on the basis of love

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Wed Jun 20, 2012 13:37:34

Yeah we are playing it every night pretty much. We have a server (2 actually) that we might start using if it's updated to the current patch - see posts above as to why we've not touched it but I was on it yesterday on the old patch and it seemed to be daytime. See tonight though. We will prob end up ditching that and making another assuming we can get an instance id from dayz.

Welcome to join us though if you wish. Just search teamafx in the server filter or join our ts and find out where we are.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 15:43:57

Find out where we are...

...so we can shoot you =)

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Talho
Ryu
Ryu

Postby Talho » Wed Jun 20, 2012 16:09:57

B00rz wrote:Find out where we are...

...so we can shoot you =)

aaawwww :(

So I bought the combo version, but since its peak time and I went over my limit my internet is capped to like 2mbit till 11pm. Between 8-10pm it will be 0.5mbit even :(.
So I wont be downloading it untill 11pm because I wouldn't be able to browse decently while it is DLing

anyway

#1 PRIORITY : kill boorz
first you all nice and add me on facebook this week, now you coming for me. OH IT'S ON
Love is that which enables choice. Love is always stronger than fear. Always choose on the basis of love

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat