Hearthstone Tournament Sunday 22nd or Monday 23rd

Anything

Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Re: Hearthstone Tournament Sunday 22nd or Monday 23rd

Postby Rza » Sun Dec 22, 2013 15:47:27

Prob gonna be using the blizzcon ruleset.

So 3x Decks per player is what you should be looking at.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sun Dec 22, 2013 16:34:00

Seeing as theirs no spectator mode, Boorz kindly set me up for streaming and it works suprisingly well considering how bad my net is.

http://www.twitch.tv/rzaisonfire

I'd ask him about it for anyone else fancies giving it a go. Would be nice if we could all watch the games

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sun Dec 22, 2013 23:01:50

Ruleset:

Each player has 3 decks / classes. You must declare these 3 decks to your opponent at the start.
When you lose a match, the deck you were playing with cannot be played with anymore.
Once you lose 3 times (and thus lose all three decks), you're bounced.

Am not going to check to make sure people are using the same deck but please don't make adjustments or have like 3x different decks once the tourney starts.

7pm GMT till it finishes.

Double Elimination bracket that will be drawn at random. Some people may have to play an extra round if we have more than 8 which it looks like we have.

Confimred:
Fops
Fxr
Boorz
King
Dim
Rza
Chop (Fops and Fxr Friend for those that don't know)
Bob

Possibles:
Stormy
Cogs

Microchaton
Kung-Fu Panda
Kung-Fu Panda

Postby Microchaton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:26:58

I'll be there but I've been slacking, my decks will be ass :P

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Dec 23, 2013 18:27:21

Brackets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

I SWEAR TO GOD DO NOT FUCKING EDIT OR TOUCH ANYTHING ON THE SPREADSHEET. ITS TOOK ME AN HOUR TO MAKE BOTH OF THESE WORK FOR 10 AND 11 PLAYERS. I WILL KILL YOU, IF YOU DO.

It might look a lot of nonsense but it works - Trust me. It will make more sense after a few rounds are in.

Its looking like we'll have 11 players. Cogs could be running late so It may well be that he has to forfeit his first match if we're pushed for time.

Draw to fill in the 11 spots will be done at random using the site Pickarandom.com. Which I will Stream.

I'll go over the rules when we start.

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby Dimon » Mon Dec 23, 2013 19:00:50

You could just use challonge.com instead next time.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Dec 23, 2013 19:04:51

Might do actually. It requires everyone to signup which means theirs always one who doesn't.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Dec 23, 2013 19:42:29

Probably going to change it to a Bo3 format too. I think the blizzcon ruleset could potentially mean really really long games.

So:

Rules:

1. Everyone declares their 3 decks/classes at the start of the tournament and sticks with them. The decks should NOT be altered. I can't enforce this so its down to your own honesty that you use the same decks and not go in and alter cards when your up against a new opponent or switching to game 2 or 3. If you win the tournament doing this then be it on your own conscience that you've essentially cheated.

2. Now a Best of 3 Format

Any deck you lose with you can no longer use for the rest of the game. The winner in game 1 doesn't have to use the same deck as he can switch to a different on in game 2. If he loses game 2 he can go back to his winning deck in game 1.

Game 1: Players choose there deck to begin with.
Game 2: Losing player can no longer play with his deck he lost with in game 1. The winning player can choose to keep his deck or switch to another deck.
Game 3. Same as game 2 but the winning player can go back and choose his deck that won in game 1 if he switched in game 2.

4. Double Elim - When you lose in the winners bracket you drop to the losers bracket. when you lose in the loser bracket you are out. The winner of the loser bracket plays the winner of the winners bracket and has to win 2x Bo3 to win. The Upper bracket winner only needs the single Bo3 victory.

5. D/C or Blue screens - If this happens and theirs a clear winner then that person will get the default win. Screenshot your hand in this case so it can be argued for your case. If its close then a re-game will be required.

6. Match Report - Tell me on Steam/TS or msg me through Teamspeak with your result and ill update the brackets.

Probably more as and when I think of them.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Tue Dec 24, 2013 01:45:15

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... nbHc#gid=1

Congrats to Fxr. If I get time i'll do a news post for it

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Tue Dec 24, 2013 01:49:28

Thanks a lot for everything!
I wouldn't have bet on me from all the big boys in this tournament :D
I wouldn't have bet on chop with his shitty basic cards either :P
And thanks to Stormy for an amazing nailbiting finale, that match should have been recorded!

So!.... T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat