Gamescom 2014

Anything

Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Gamescom 2014

Postby Razerslash » Mon Aug 11, 2014 01:17:08

Been a while since I last posted. So I thought id start a topic.

After a successful 2 day visit in 2013 I am going again this year... in fact, this Saturday I will be there.

Last year was great. Saw some titles that had yet to be released and played them. My most memorable wait was for Battlefield 4. The booths were kitted out very well. 2 x 64. 30 min game play... but after a miserable 6 hour wait it was a complete let down and the freebies promised were all gone and 60€ preorder put me right off.

On the other hand. Just a 30min well organised CoD Ghosts wait to play with some decent freebies was boss.

I was banned from the Sony department after I argued the fact that despite not wearing my age tag... which at some booths was useless I also did not have my ID which I survived without for a whole day. Apparently I looked under age with a full beard and 4 credit cards one including american express... just wasn't convincing. Luckily I had made a copy of it with my phone and when I showed them that they removed my ban... the so called exclusive content wasn't so exclusive after all.

Watchdogs was there but the consoles all overheated and had to close it off. Only a handful of people saw it live.

Surprisingly Microsoft Xbox One booth was the best. They put in a lot of effort and let you talk with top people in the open... yes master chief was there but he wasn't in a good mood.

Pics to follow...

Anyone going this year?
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Gamescom 2014

Postby B00rz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 17:30:08

I would love to go but all my money atm is going into paying for my car =(

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Mon Aug 11, 2014 20:12:06

B00rz wrote:I would love to go but all my money atm is going into paying for my car =(

Your looking at if you book on time, £70 return flight with hold luggage only. Then travel costs, ie public transport to and from airport. £30-60 per person a night in a hotel. Travel costs to and from the exhibition and about £12 a ticket to gamescom. About £100 per day in total excluding flight costs. Prices depend on if you go alone. But as a group you will save a fortune.

I went last year because we went as a group, me and 2 brothers and cousin. This year we're going as a group again but couple more but we have got the costs down by staying at my brothers.

Pics as promised... (Downscaled from 4k)

I have a videos of some places but they start from 500mb. Found one on YouTube of the EA booth which I thought was awesome.

A lot of pictures missing but I have to say there was a hell of a lot to see. Not just big game companies, indie developers and mini projects too. Oculus Rift trial was available but the queue was enormous. Samsung were giving a way free cutting edge SSD's but randomly, the booth was tiny so didn't hang about. Microsoft were giving away free xbox one consoles every 15 min. I missed the opportunity several times because my cousin was a little bitch and was constantly moaning if we stood still for more than a minute. Sony on the other hand...gave away nothing. I got a PS3 limited pen, and some stickers. No consoles, no prize draws, no games...and upcoming games were vague too. Firefall were giving away gifts every 30min with mice, ssd's, headsets, random toys.

To be honest, I walked away with hardly anything because I wasn't really in the need of anything. Though I would of liked an xbox one.

That's it for now... watch this space for a nice update next week.

It is beyond anything I have seen, next to E3 this has to be the next best gaming exhibition in the world.

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Mon Aug 11, 2014 20:13:09

Sorry, hope no one has OCD... :lol:

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Mon Aug 11, 2014 21:03:53

If i had thought about it more i shoulda booked time off then rather than last week :(

Meh, always next year :p I'll spend the week watching the ESL One stuff for CSGO :D

Look forward to the pics.
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Mon Aug 11, 2014 22:05:00

Last year you could still buy tickets at the entrance. Not that we did, but when we got there, there was a huge queue. By 11AM, all tickets for the day were sold out with still quite a lot of people there. They had to wait until later in the afternoon to get the evening tickets.

This year they were sold out 2 weeks ago.... all of them.

We booked 12 tickets for sat and sun in early June.

Early booking is required!

It's something that needs to be planned. Luckily, I have it all planned for this year. Next year will be a breeze. Though next year I might not be able to go... second is due this xmas so missus may say no unless I can convince her to go as a holiday and I just disappear for the day >_>. So if anyone is interested I can help you out with planning.

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Tue Aug 19, 2014 19:31:08

So ... back home now. Really busy weekend visiting Gamescom Sat and Sun. It was very good this year, with some excellent titles coming.

Again, I have taken millions of pictures and more videos.

Last years best show was Microsoft, But this year was tough. Ubisoft who did a very good presentation with some Kinect titles, Far Cry 4, New Tom Clancy. Deep Silver (Risen 3, Sacred 3), Sega (Alien) did very well. Nintendo was there this year with more titles but I didn't think they did so well. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare was good, Square Enix Final Fantasy, Bethesda The Evil Within and Oculus. Sony was once again a flop but had good titles. like Drive Club, Destiny, and MGSV. The presentation didn't take off as well as Microsofts with Fable, Halo Collection, and some other games. Nvidia took off with excellent presentation (No AMD to be seen), Blizzard showing the new WoW addon live with some other games. Winning game with highest votes was 2k's Evolve which did bloody look good.

EA.... only thing worth looking at was BF Hardline, and Dragon Age 3. The booth last year was proper packed. It took 6 hours for us to get to see and play exclusive content of BF4. This year however the booth was quite empty and took only 15min to get to play Hardline. The game was good though.

I missed the opportunity to get interviewed live and be included in future youtube videos for CoD. They were looking for a player who could speak english. I would have got the game for free and had a chance to win the LE CoD Xbox One. But I was too shy to speak on camera in front of 300 odd people.

Alien Isolation was very good. I won a extremely limited edition t-shirt for completing the survival demo. It was bloody hard and very scary. We had 10 minutes to complete it and I did it in 4min 59sec. One of the top developers was there and I spoke to him and he was quite an alright guy. They are working very hard to get the game to be as good as people expect it.

I didn't come home with any gaming stuff. TBH, I wasn't even that bothered about grabbing the latest gaming tech amongst tons of other people.

Pictures to follow soon.

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Tue Aug 19, 2014 23:56:42

Sounds like fun :o

BF:Hardline Beta was good fun for a few days but there was still quite a few apparent issues, hoping when it's out it'll be better. Got it pre-ordered anyway :/

A lot of the drive club stuff I've seen looks shiny in the vids but game-play looks a bit flaky and the handling certainly doesn't look smooth.

Been avoiding CoD since Black Ops, tempted to take a peak at the latest and see what's going on actually.
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Thu Aug 21, 2014 20:50:00

King wrote:BF:Hardline Beta was good fun for a few days but there was still quite a few apparent issues, hoping when it's out it'll be better. Got it pre-ordered anyway :/

For the 2 rounds we played I couldn't see any issues.

King wrote:A lot of the drive club stuff I've seen looks shiny in the vids but game-play looks a bit flaky and the handling certainly doesn't look smooth.

Never played it, but watched people play and to be honest it's just like any other racing game with just different graphics.

King wrote:Been avoiding CoD since Black Ops, tempted to take a peak at the latest and see what's going on actually.

The multiplayer is CoD in in the future in Unreal Tournament style. It was good but if you never played UT then you'll think it's the best evah!
Didn't play single mode, they removed that part for some reason but trailer looked good.

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Tue Sep 02, 2014 20:18:11

Sorry no pictures available to upload. Camera and camcorder was stolen which had all my pictures/videos :cry:

Advice to all! backup your pictures/videos immediately.

Next

Return to General Chat