Anything

Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Gamescom 2015

Postby Razerslash » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:07:19

So... it's that time again.

6 - 9 th August 2015 with us going most likely 8th and 9th (2 Days)

Anyone want to come?

The whole purpose of this post is to get together and have a good time.

I will be pre-ordering tickets very soon.

So far I have 7, inc. myself on the waiting list. I have searched for good hotel deals and made provisional travel arrangements.

As last year was a great success especially with the tickets being sold out within days it is vital you make a decision quick. Tickets go live on sale in April! Few years ago you could just turn up and buy a ticket at the entrance, last couple of years you had to get there earlier and queue for hours.

If you are interested, let me know and I will get some info on accommodation and if you can drive, good car rental deals.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to show from last year as both my camera and camcorder were stolen during a raid at my house. But a google search of 2014 will give you awesome results.
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Gamescom 2015

Postby B00rz » Sat Mar 14, 2015 23:10:29

I would love to go but paying for my car atm, need to spend £5k in July so wont have anything after that for at least a few months afterwards =(

I might think about it next year, I should be loaded by then \o/

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Sun Mar 15, 2015 15:56:32

Too bad, but yeah I know that financial business can get in a way.

Will arrange something for next year!

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Mon Sep 14, 2015 22:17:34

Just got around to updating this section.

This years Gamescom was great, some great titles and more involvement from developers.

Unfortunately, I didn't play much as I wasn't in the gaming mood. I was quite happy watching.

But, the games I played were:

Metal Gear Solid V
Dark Souls 3
Until Dawn
Black Ops 3
Rainbow Six Siege

And some small titles that I don't remember the name of. All were good but MGS and CoD were heavily guarded, the new ford GT car by Forza was also madly guarded. Absolutely no cameras, extremely strict and peoples phones and cameras were seized by security and pics/vids deleted on the MGS and CoD stand.

Although there were about 10k more people there this year than last, it didn't appear to be too congested.

Last year there were quite a lot of people coming in wheelchairs and were allowed to jump the queue, some massive complaints went in because a lot were getting up and walking around after they got their decent loot and played nearly all games... No joke.

This time, each of them had to wait in line, couldn't believe my eyes how many of them then got up and walked away.

Some big stands:

Blizzard/Actvision - was giving tones of gaming gear away, the guitar hero stand was quite big.
EA - had all of there latest titles but FIFA was big, a lot of disappointed gamers coming out of that.
MS - was well equipped, Forza could be there main title.
PS - wasn't as impressive as the last couple of years, not sure what their main title was, Uncharted maybe?
Nintendo - didn't really take a look as it was so full that we couldn't queue up for anything.
Bethesda Fallout 4 - was big, giving away loads of freebies that will no doubt be worth loads on ebay.
Ubisoft - as usual impressive, but no mention of splinter cell.
Namco - tried their best, Dark Souls took nearly 3 hours to play :( but game was good. Game was emulated on a PC, was suppose to be PS4 title. Game crashed on my halfway and saw it was Win 8.1 with some weird start up.

etc...

Pics are to follow but are a bit grainy due to lighting and awful galaxy s4 camera.

Gamescom 2016 is on but I won't be organising anything, If anyone wants to go I will point you in the right direction. Not sure who will be organising the meet next year but I am exhausted from it now, too much moaning and bitching.

Return to General Chat