Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Linky

Re: My Art

Postby Linky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 20:43:52

boorz art > baby boo.

Linky

Postby Linky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 20:45:26

p.s i ninjaed that picture as my background as its pew pew :P btw what inspires you etc? or you just draw random anime? could you draw someone from a picture in that style?

Baby-Boo
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Baby-Boo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 21:44:06

Linky wrote:boorz art > baby boo.

oh you hurt me deep Linky, real deep...

Baby-Boo
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Baby-Boo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 21:54:57

B00rz wrote:Image

this was one of my favourites, this must have been about the 20th thing i drew.

and yes ive never been good at backgrounds so i leave them out =P

awesome! but why you leave deviantart?

It looks like you used Corel Painter.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 00:35:20

i used photoshop and my mouse, as for drawing them i usually watch the anime and think hmmmm i could draw someone out of this and then think a bit and draw something, usually takes me between 1 hour to 1 week, and then comes the colouring which takes an age by hand which could take me again a couple of hours or about a month depending on how i devoted i am to colouring it.

As for deviant art, they basically accused me of owning the original cell art and just posting it there, which is rediculous as for the simple fact i wouldnt have the first clue of where to get it, that and the fact i have all my original PSD files to show how i drew it, which you can imagine really pissed me off some so i just told them to cancel my account with them.

This was one of the first things i drew when i got a tablet:-

basically i started off with the sketch first

then i do a proper outline using the mouse and the paintbrush tool and end up with this

then i go onto colouring the base colours that i want and end up with this

and then add shading and details and finish off with this

now if those are animation cells then im a fucking genius or something, but anyways, thats just like 4 layers i used on that one, when i was using my mouse i would make all the seperate colours and shades on completely different layers just so it was easier to change later on, with the tablet it is a piece of cake doing alterations on the fly without having to keep switching layers around, also when i was using the mouse i never really did a proper sketch layer like the first one here as its usually pretty hard to freehand sketch with a mouse, so all the psd files i have that i did with the mouse only have my final outlines on them as the sketches themselves were usually over 20 layers in themselves.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Baby-Boo
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Baby-Boo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 16:45:11

yeah I hated doing stuff with my mouse, my hand is always shaking when try to do lineart. But then I got a tablet, so everything went fine.
From the looks of those lines it looks like you used just a photoshop brush on them. I dont know what paintbrush tool is...
You can either use the pen tool (which still confused me) or just use Illustrator. The brush in that program, I love it. I do lines in there, and color in photshop. I LOVE IT!!!

What advice you got on learning to do shadows. I mean, I know how hes standing, but in my last drawing, I just didn't knew where to put them. The sun is comming from the right, so things must be light there, but I went the opposite way. I am confused.
And anime shadows, and cartoon shadows are very different, anime is always spiky, like you did the white light on her hair.

To bad with deviantart. May I recomend http://www.sheezyart.com, its smaller, but I use bough.
Most animes look alike, so they think everything stealing.

This was for a logo for a thing in norway I did for my friend. Was good practice as well.
I could not do any shadows on the sweather, I just didn't knew where to put shadows in there. Or light shadows or something.

Used 23 layers on this one.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 03:12:07

well i was gonna post my new picture here, but it seriously breaks the forum (1680x1050 =S) so heres a link =D

I EVEN DID A BACKGROUND !
yeah its only a few dodgy looking clouds but i drew them so ner =P

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Sun Oct 05, 2008 07:12:33

boorz ftw.

Baby-Boo
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Baby-Boo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:15:41

B00rz wrote:well i was gonna post my new picture here, but it seriously breaks the forum (1680x1050 =S) so heres a link =D

I EVEN DID A BACKGROUND !
yeah its only a few dodgy looking clouds but i drew them so ner =P

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/B00rz/Random004.jpg

Why didn't you just upload it as a smaller picture on photobucket so you can post it here?

Rockin' picture big fellah. But it looks like you rushed there, I can see it by the lines. Their square, or I mean their not... smooth. Their doing the robot dance.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:21:17

tbh i dont think i could do any better using a mouse, as i currently cant find the pen for my tablet

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat