Cyder - Warrior - Protection

Postby Cyder » Sun Oct 18, 2009 23:29:40

Character Name: Cyder
Class: Warrior :warrior:
Spec: Protection

RL Name?
Linus

Age?

Nationality? Can you speak and understand English?
Sweden, yes i can speak and understand english

AE raids 3 times a week: Wed, Thurs, Sunday 20:30 - 23/24:00? Can you make these times? How many hours a day do you play?
Those days fits me perfect! I play evryday except on friday and saterday! I usally play around 5 hours a day!

Have you got Vent/TS? We are a very sociable core group and are always talking on TS/Vent, Although not mandatory are you prepared to Talk on TS/Vent (Not Just listen)?
I have both vent and teamspeak installed and im not afraid to talk in vent !

Do you have any friends currently in the guild?
Hm im new here to alliance so i dont know so many here!

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
I saw someone wrote in tradechat that AE searched for people and it sound nice so now im doing a apply

Talent Distribution (e.g. 18/0/53)?
15/5/51
5/15/51

Why are you this spec? Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain? Link your armory profile!
i have a standard specc! First specc i have to gain more threat when im MT.. Secnd specc i have to gain more AoE threat!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Cyder

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
I use devastate and revenge to refresh Shield slam.. I always have devestate (5 stacks) up on my boss! I spam heroic strike if i have much rage! When im tanking multiple mobs i use Thunder clap, cleave and shockwave.. Thunderclap i do as fast the cd i done.. I first gather mobs infront of me before i do shockwave and then i also tabs betwen the mobs and shield slam if im almost loosing threat on that mob..

List your current keybinds & Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (Screenshot Optional)
1-9 rftg

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
Im new to the ally side so havent been in any guild!

Prior raiding experience? (WOLTK only)
Naxx10/25
Os10/25
EoE10 (25 on my Hpriest)
Uld10 (25 on my hpriest)
Toc10/25
totgc 10 (dident kill any, just encounterd first boss then wiped on icehowl)

We are primarily a community and play many other games in our spare time such as Counterstrike, Call of Duty, L4D etc, Do you play any other games besides WoW?
No i just play wow for the moment.. Did play CS all the time before but i got tierd of it some years ago

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
Im browsing many difrent forums evryday so one more dosent harm :)

Any Final words?
I always come in time to raids and i have flask/food with me..

/Cyder

WoW Armory Link: Cyder

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Re: Cyder - Warrior - Protection

Postby Zen » Mon Oct 19, 2009 00:14:12

I dont like the fact that you stack stamina m8. change some gems to exp and Hit and maybe some dodge/parry couse stamina stackers is not welcome in my eyes since they cant really take a hit and healthpool isnt everything.
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

Cyder
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Cyder » Mon Oct 19, 2009 00:45:58

saphi wrote:I dont like the fact that you stack stamina m8. change some gems to exp and Hit and maybe some dodge/parry couse stamina stackers is not welcome in my eyes since they cant really take a hit and healthpool isnt everything.

I dont need any more hit or exp since i do a very good amount of threat already and hit almost on evry strike, sure i can change some of my 30stamina to 10 dodge and 15 stamina! My stats is pretty decent even if i got many stamina gems.. i have 49,5% avoid unbuffed!

I think my gear, enchants, gems have a nice balance, not to much "only stamina" and im also have a decent amount of avoidense!

But i will change some of my 30stamina to 10dodge and 15stmina if ud like that, im also a person that pref Dodge/parry over hp but i have only pugged the last few weeks since i joind ally and puggs only care of one thing and thats Hp.. Thats why i choiced so many stamina gems

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 01:33:29

I have to agree with Saphi on this one about the stamina stacking warrior tanks, they do have nice high health pools but couldnt take a hit to save themselves. I've seen it far too many times in random pugs where ive been made to be the OT because the stamina stacked warrior is a buddy of the RL and then gets 1 shot when tanking the adds on onyixia. I do know what your saying about pugs, where stamina stacked tanks = good, I mean if i go in a pug i get harassed to like epic and what not, but as soon as i say i can get 50k health raid buffed its INV INV INV INV!!!!!

But having said that, I've been checking out some of the top guilds in Frostmane like Ninth Order and Memento Mori and noticed that their warrior tanks are all stamina stacked, they all have blacksmithing/Jewelcrafting. I don't know if this is because they are doing the HM's and larger heathpools help the healers cope or what but in general ive heard Jonnie say he doesnt take healing the stamina stacked tanks as the hits they take are too spikey.

Also if memory serves there is very little +hit on the tanking gear in ToTC so this might be the reason for there stamina stacking, i dunno =P.

I'm willing to let you have a trial as your gear is right for what we are looking for in a tank. Im more than happy to take a backseat and be OT to test you out.

Lets see what a couple more officers say and decide on a inv after that

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Zen » Mon Oct 19, 2009 02:22:38

Ill also might to add that since last patch stamina isnt really the best stat for warriors tho many use it, we get a shit ton of rage from dodge/parry now so its even better for our survivabilty to use those stats instead of stamina, also get good threat since we have the rage to. I too know ppl only see health pool but since there is nothing wrong otherwise in your gear im willing to give you trial to, just change some gems m8 and you will prob notice a diff to. :D
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

Cyder
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Cyder » Mon Oct 19, 2009 14:12:55

Okey, nice.. accepted? :)

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 14:46:17

No GTFO!!!!

....okay I suppose, /w me saphi aera minibob or haggis for inv, I think merrope can too but not sure =P

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Return to Accepted Applications