Spec: Balance

RL Name?
Thomas Wallentin

Age?

Nationality
Swedish

Can you speak and understand English?
Quite well.

AE raids 3 times a week: Wed, Thurs, Sunday 20:30 - 23/24:00? Can you make these times? How many hours a day do you play?
I play rather often, actually. There exist today no reasons why I should not be able to attend every raid.

Have you got Vent/TS? We are a very sociable core group and are always talking on TS/Vent, Although not mandatory are you prepared to Talk on TS/Vent (Not Just listen)?
As I told Illidan some time ago: yeah, I am prepared. In fact, you've no idea how prepared I am.

Do you have any friends currently in the guild?
No, I don't, sadly. That can be arranged, hmm? :)

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
I saw your ad in the general channel of Dalaran, and after I talked to one of you (Aerana), I was confident that you're exactly what I'm looking for. Three raids a week is an excellent amount to start off with, and I'll be able to attend more raids if the guild decides it's ready.

Talent Distribution (e.g. 18/0/53)?
58/0/13

Why are you this spec? Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain? Link your armory profile!
Since the introduction for Dual Talent Specs, I have been Balance/Feral tank. Feral tanking is OK, if abit dreary in the long run (lack of abilites to use). Balance, however, is more varying. Now, some druids may disagree with me on this, but I have played this toon since vanilla, and I have healed and tanked throughout most of WoW's instances. What I haven't done very much is booming! And I have to say that I find the Balance spec most amusing. Feral cat is more varied than Balance, I grant you, but the Boomkin is way cuddlier. Naturally, I won't mind OTing in cases where it's needed, since my tanking gear just about as good as my caster gear, and I love this about druids; that we can fullfill EVERY role there is. I love the druid class for its versatility, and the Dual Talent Specs made this even better.
I have taken my talents, gems and enchants off EJ, since this is a site I trust completely. I have also been PuGing some raids (Onyxia, Naxx and OS) and tried the Balance spec in such environments, and found it to my liking.
That said, here's the link to my armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... e&n=Thiena (please not that the WoW Armory was offline while I wrote this, and the URL may no longer be correct).

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
For Boomkins it's all about the Eclipse mechanic. Now I assume you know what this is, but in case you don't have it memorized, here's a quick description: Wrath crits have a 60% chance to proc a Lunar Eclipse, which increases Starfire's crit chance by an additional 30%, and Starfire has a 100% chance on crit to cause a Solar Eclipse which increases Wrath's damage by 30%. These two effects may not be active at the same time, and each has a 30 sec cooldown.
So how do we get the most out of this?
1) Keep Fearie Fire up. I have improved this spell through talents (as one always should), and so it becomes an awesome indirect raid buff.
2) Keep DoTs up: Moonfire and Insect Swarm. With the improved Insect Swarm talent (which increases damage by Wrath by 1/2/3% on targets afflicted by Insect Swarm, and increases the crit chance of Starfire by 1/2/3% on targets afflicted by Moonfire) in mind, refreshing Moonfire during Lunar Eclipse and Insect Swarm during Solar Eclipse is desirable in case the DoTs run out during an Eclipse (which happens all the time) and you feel like nuking with Wrath and Starfire respectively, and don't want to spend up to 2 seconds refreshing both DoTs. These two spells, while awesome, are not as powerful as Starfire and Wrath used correctly with the Eclipse talent. Nevertheless, I tend to refresh both DoTs when the time comes anyway, unless there is only enough tme left on the Eclipse buff to cast 0-1 DoT before it runs out.
3) Maintain the Eclipse rotation as follows: I start off with casting Wrath until Lunar Eclipse procs. Then I switch to Starfire and cast this until Solar Eclipse procs. I then switch back to Wrath and cast it until Lunar Eclipse procs again, and I switch to Starfire once more. And so on and so forth. During this time, I refresh Moonfire and Insect Swarm as described above.

List your current keybinds & Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (Screenshot Optional)
I use numbers 1 to 5, letters "F", "R" and "G" and mousebuttons 3, 4 and 5. The addons I use that are relevant are agUF, Quartz, Grid and Bigwigs. Note that I use Blizzard's original bars.

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
I haven't been in any other guilds than my own friendly levelling guild Smek mig Yngve, since I hit 80. I have been farming heroics for rep and badges since then. Now I am ready for some serious pain.

Prior raiding experience? (WOLTK only)
With Thiena, I have done Malygos, Onyxia, Naxx and OS. My old main was my priest Luhiril (then a Blood elf), and I stopped raiding before Ulduar was released. My experience covers anything but Ulduar and ToC (or TotC, I always mix up the abbrevations for the 5 man instance and the 10 and 25 man instances, for which I am sorry :P).

We are primarily a community and play many other games in our spare time such as Counterstrike, Call of Duty, L4D etc, Do you play any other games besides WoW?
Not on this Earth, nor in this life. WoW is my game.

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
I am happy to be encouraged in all regards. Trolling forums works for me.

Any Final words?
If you let me in, you will add another fine player to your ranks. I have years of raiding experience, dating back to the days when a full week was barely enough to clear everything. I love my character, and I love the game. I am a geek, to all intents and purposes and will die an even greater geek. I want to raid, to progress and experience all PvE content, and I want to belong somewhere in the game. Your guild might just be where I find my home, sweet home. For more information, please contact me in-game.

Also, some wisdom for you all to ponder:
Hounds freeze in silence.

WoW Armory Link: Thiena

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Thiena - Druid - Balance

Postby King » Wed Oct 28, 2009 23:34:45

With our recent recruitment of a lazorturkey feral might be a more attractive option for us at the moment. Atleast until we get back to 25mans or recruit lots and lots more. =D
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Thiena
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Thiena » Thu Oct 29, 2009 18:35:30

Then feral it is. I suppose I shall have to endure the dreariness... still, all's fun in a raid :D

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:45:54

so is this guy gonna get an invite or not ?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sat Oct 31, 2009 13:13:14

accepted as feral

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Return to Accepted Applications