Spec: Protection

RL Name?
Petros

Age? (18+ Only)

Nationality
British (Half English half Greek)

Can you speak and understand English?
Yes its my first language

AE raids 3 times a week: Wed, Thurs, Sunday 20:30 - 23/24:00? Can you make these times? How many hours a day do you play?
I play far too much, pretty much every day also unless something major is happening in my life

Have you got Vent/TS? We are a very sociable group and are always talking on TS/Vent, Although not mandatory are you prepared to Talk on TS/Vent (Not Just listen)?
yes although I usually keep quiet because I do not have a headset and my mic usually gets a lot of background noise

Do you have any friends currently in the guild?
no, dont know anyone in the guild I dont think

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
Advertisement in /2

Talent Distribution (e.g. 18/0/53)?
15/3/53 (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Shousha)

Why are you this spec? Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain?
after researching a lot of different specs I decided on this as my main tanking spec. seems solid with high TPS

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
After building up my devastate(sunders) I would spam heroic strike whilst using shield slam (prio) and revenge whenever avaliable. keeping up a 5 stack of sunders, thunderclap, demoralising shout and commanding shout when needed

List your current keybinds & Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (Screenshot Optional)
wow.. um keybinds... i use 1-6 + 9 (last stand), 3 mouse buttons, R, F, G, T, H, V, B, C, X, E, Q, shift+E, shift+R, shift+F, shift+G, shift+X, shift+C, shift+V, F1-F8 (some chars for buffs etc) control+R.

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
the last guild i was in was a guild called Greed, I was "talked" into joining by their leader after enquiring about it but the raids were nothing like I anticipated. Lots of afking/standing around and nobody in the raid were prepared for the bosses. Also one of the higher ups of the guild were specced really poorly on their character. I wished them luck and explained to them I was leaving

Prior raiding experience? (WOLTK only)
only the first few bosses of ulduar and full TOC10/25, TOGC10 4/5. and 4/4 Icecrown (tries on one of the new bosses in plagueworks). The reason for this being I took a long break from wow (6-7months). after this break I finished leveling my warrior, as rogue has been my main for 5years now.

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
of course :)

Any Final words?
I also have a very similarly geared rogue (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ne&n=yuuga) which I would be happy raiding on if you are in need of rogues

WoW Armory Link: Shousha
Yuuga : 80 Rogue Frostmane EU-PvP
Shousha: 80 Warrior Frostmane EU-PvP
Seishin : 80 Priest Frostmane EU-PvP
Ellipsis : 80 Warlock Frostmane EU-PvP

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Shousha - Warrior - Protection

Postby Dimon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 02:25:29

Looks great! 8-)

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Zen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 02:33:05

Looks good to me, just need to change some gems and reach that hit cap and your sorted. /w ingame on Zén and ill have a chat with you =)
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jan 11, 2010 02:35:54

Hey mate I like your application, gear seems good enough to jump into the current ICC bosses aswell without having to gear you up.

I don't really know much about prot warriors, we do also need mutilate rogues but your rogue is slightly outdated in regards to your spec and gemming, currently its way off. For Mutilate you want to be gemming for AP and haste, and speccing 51/18/2. Mutilate is now a ruptureless cycle - its stack AP for increased poison dmg and haste for increased poison application, all about keeping the envenom buff up. Agility being generally frowned upon due to crit cap issues. I'd also drop the needle scorpian, the proc on its low and poor for mutilate, grab the 245 hit trinkets, their nice fillers till your get the herkumi war token.

Easily fixed above, if your willing to do that then am happy to throw you a trial, I think you could be a good addition to the guild

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jan 11, 2010 02:55:42

Accepted on Both Warr and Rogue.

ginvite issued.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

BLaZeDRas
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Postby BLaZeDRas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 03:25:14

just realised my armory was on my prot pvp spec (much less avoidance and generally not good for raid-tanking, though I have done 4/4 ICC10 in that spec without realising once and didnt have any problem with healing or threat. my other prot spec is my TPS raid tanking spec and is much better for that kind of thing,

spoke to Rza who said he would be fine with trialing me on my rogue (or both i forget)

BLaZeDRas
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Postby BLaZeDRas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 06:18:33

already mailed rza in game about this but should have said here. my prot warr shousha is saved to icc10 already for this week and i did have plans to go out monday night, I may be on with my rogue if needed but will let you know

thanks

Return to Accepted Applications