Spec: Assassination

RL Name?
Istvan Vajnorak

Age?

Nationality?
Hungarian

Can you speak and understand English?
Of course

AE raids 3 times a week: Wed, Thurs, Sunday 20:30 - 23/24:00? We expect 100% Raid attendance on these nights can you make these times okay?
All these times are fine for me.

Have you got Teamspeak3 ? We are a very sociable group and are always talking on TS3, Although not mandatory are you prepared to Talk on TS/Vent (Not Just listen)?
No, as i was using ventrilo for guild chat, but will get one asap.

Do you know or have any friends currently in the guild? If not do you know a player (such as an ex-GM/Officer) we could approach to enquire about you? (optional)
Narpix. I was raiding an ICC25 with him once, when he was still the lead of The Bracelet Bogeymen, and found a good synergy with him and his group.

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
I have seen a lot of recruitment ingame, and seen that Narpix join you guys. Thought that if he finds you guys a good place to be, then my place is also there.

Talent Distribution (e.g. 18/0/53)?
51/13/7 (opportunity assassin talent)

Why are you this spec? Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain?
I am using this spec as this is the best single target talent in the game for now. I have gemmed for agility earlier, because in T9 gears expertise and hit was well found, but now for T10 i will gem for expertise and haste, as agility and hit will be plenty on the gear, but without hitting the expertise cap, it worthless.

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
Since the bleed nerfs and the changes in tier set bonuses, usually start with garrote to trigger hunger for blood, and then do the 3+ or 4+ rotation of mutilate and envenom. Always using tricks on the tank when situation requires, but in fights such as saurfang, i usually boost a dps to get him down properly.

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
I have been in Frente Legionaria, then in Progress, laters in ALLSTARZ and The Legent, and now in Excrutio. Reason for leaving is that these guilds could not maintain proper raiding schedules, ppl were slacking, and I had to pug all the way for the 4/7 in ICC10 and 3/7 in ICC25 progress.

Prior raiding experience? (WOLTK only)
NAX10/25, ONY10/25,TOC10/25, TOGC10.ICC10/25 [first 4 bosses only unfortunately].

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
Sure.

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI? (Optional)
Not Completed By Applicant

Post a link to any previous WoL Raid Reports of DPS/HPS? (Optional)
Not Completed By Applicant

Any Final Words? (Your chance to to tell us a bit about you)
I am seeking for a guild with good atmosphere where i can feel at home and where i can bring benefit to all in a regular raiding cycle. Hope we find what we are looking for in each other.

WoW Armory Link: crashburn

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Re: crashburn - Rogue - Assassination

Postby Rza » Fri Jan 22, 2010 08:56:22

Decent application.

Due to the new armory it's a pain for me to see gear etc on my phone, but a quick look suggests your on level with most other rogues.

Few issues your spec is 2 patches out of date and likewise with your gemming. I believe theirs still a case for 51/13/7 being viable but In 3.3 and your gear I'd really be expecting you to be 51/18/2 gemming pure AP in red and AP & haste in yellow. Thing that's great about mutilate atm is it throws out good dps even with average gear as AP is such an easy stat to stack. Hit and expertise are pretty crucial for mutilate aswell - can't see your armory - so if your not expertise capped I'd gem hit and expertise gems in yellow sockets till you are exp capped.

I'd head over to EJ and read the pocket guide for 3.3 for more info.

If narpix says your worth recruiting then I'll give you a trial, need to fix the above though.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 14:25:19

I think you have raided with us before, might be wrong it might have just been a rep run but i definitely remember being in group before.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Narpix
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Narpix » Fri Jan 22, 2010 15:05:54

Great guy! +1

crashburn
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby crashburn » Sat Jan 23, 2010 14:35:01

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I have went to (http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-pocket_guide_wotlk_updated_3_3_a/) to check out the new recommendations for maximized dps, and found your advise to be justified.

I have made the requested changes on the talents (though still kept the opportunity assassin talent to compare it from time to time with the lightning reflex assassin talent that is now said to be the posh talent). For the gemming, i had to gem lots of expertise into red sockets unfortunately to be almost at the expertise cap. (This will change as pieces of T10 gear will fall in my hands)

My only confusion with this build is the energy issue which i haven't experienced as Opportunity. It is a bit harder to keep up the Envenom buff to boost the Instant poison damage i do. (Hope it is just a matter of time getting used to it). Possibly the problem lies in the fact that with Opportunity you can do 3+ cycles with a fair chance to trigger Relentless Strikes for +25 energy. With Lightning reflex, the energy gain is moving more into the Focused Attacks talents and more dependent on white crits and guess on weapon speed.

What i mainly try to find out now is whether 2 fast daggers are better for this build to trigger more focused attacks, making up for the relative white dmg reduction from the mutilates.

Thanks for the tips, and see you guys soon.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sat Jan 23, 2010 16:33:40

I'd download the mutilate spreadsheet from EJ and throw in your gear, switch daggers about etc to see what's giving you the higher dps, if your unsure of that.

Opportunity isn't quite as desriable as the majority of our damage comes from poison and opportunity only really effect mutilate yellow damage - at times I've actually seen instant poison damage top overall melee damage in short fights with Bloodlust. hence why the 2/5 in relentless is much better.

In regard to the envenom uptime, it is of course crucial to maximize its uptime as much as possible, but if you stick to 4+ envenom cycle, it will drop off at times the envenom buff but its really just a matter of getting gear upgrades - also have you tried fully raid buffed aswell?

Otherwise its DP on fast weapon, and get haste - A lot of haste gear in 3.3 so its not hard to come by, I have over 700 in my mutilate set - and an evil 666 as Combat :P

The other thing I would say is make sure you have an addon thats tracking the envenom buff so you can see it clearly how long is left. You are possibly just spamming envenom once you have got another 3/4 combo points and the energy to do so? You should never clip the envenom buff - as in - if you envenom on 5 combo points you will have 5 secs envenom buff uptime, in another 2 secs you could have 4 combo points to envenom again, however don't envenom again till the exact second the envenom buff drops. This maximizes the buff uptime and also means energy will be pooled that you can instantly mutilate again straight after the envenom - thus you will be sitting straight back on 3/4 combo points depending on ruthlessness and seal fate proc's, waiting to envenom again as the envenom buff drops - neverending cycle pretty much.

Tricky to get the hang of it to start and it comes down to gear and a bit of RNG to really keep it up nonstop but maximising the envenom buff in 3.3 is really the difference between a good and average rogues.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sat Jan 23, 2010 16:36:24

Also http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t54257-3_3_rogue_faq_if_youre_new_ish_here_read_before_posting_updated_1_14_10_a/
is also very useful, for some tips.

Accepted anyway, can see your willing to improve for the better.

Return to Accepted Applications