Spec: Marksmanship

RL Name?
Vando.

Age?

Nationality?
Portuguese.

Can you speak and understand English?
I can speak and understand English.

AE raids 3 times a week: Wed, Thurs, Sunday 20:30 - 23/24:00? We expect 100% Raid attendance on these nights can you make these times okay?
I'm a Engineering student so I can't attend if I have a test or exam on the next day. But sure, removing this remote chance of course, 100% Raid attendance.

Have you got Teamspeak3 ? We are a very sociable group and are always talking on TS3, Although not mandatory are you prepared to Talk on TS/Vent (Not Just listen)?
I'm a little shy so i dont talk too much but i have TS3, Ventrilo and skype. I'm allways there talking with my friends when i'm at home.

Do you know or have any friends currently in the guild? If not do you know a player (such as an ex-GM/Officer) we could approach to enquire about you? (optional)
No.

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
" Dura Praxis ", created this guild with two friends, Darkfuryan and Sagrex, we just gave up, did Icc10 7/12 only, people are too lazy nowadays so no more progress for us.
After this i went to WoWprogress and found your guild that caught my attention.

Talent Distribution (e.g. 18/0/53)?
7/57/7

Why are you this spec? Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain?
My talent specialization its Marksmanship because its the one that provides the most Dps. I'm stacking gems of Armor Penetration Rating because the gear that i have provides a lot of Armor Penetration so i can reach 1400 armor penetration (the Armor Penetration cap) soon (Have 900+ at the moment), i hope. I'm enchanted with the best enchants that my class have & needs.

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
Open with Serpent sting.
Chimera shot, Aimed shot and Steady shot.
Kill shot becomes first priority in the rotation after the boss is under 20%.
Kill command, Silencing shot, Rapid Fire and Readiness when available.

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
" Dura Praxis ", disband.

Prior raiding experience? (WOLTK only)
WOLTK only.

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
I use MMO-Champion, Elitist Jerks, Tankspot and a few other web sites regularly.

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI? (Optional)
Dont have any.

Post a link to any previous WoL Raid Reports of DPS/HPS? (Optional)
Dont have any.

Any Final Words? (Your chance to to tell us a bit about you)
As you already know i'm studying engineering at the moment in Lisbon. I'm living without my parents but on some Fridays and Saturdays i'm at my parents home on other city near Lisbon.
I like to watch some movies with my girlfriend and etc like a regular guy i think x]. Like to get drunk once in a while with my friends :> (/shame). Play football regularly to relax from studies.
I played another game called Defense Of The Ancients, a map from Warcraft III, on a professional way and play once in a while Heroes of Newerth, the game made from the DotA (Defense Of The Ancients), with my friends.
About WoW, i'm new to raiding in WotLK. I prepare myself for new content reading up on tactics and watching some videos. Like to progress more and more.

WoW Armory Link: Flavsios

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Re: Flavsios - Hunter - Marksmanship

Postby f1xxx3r » Sat Apr 10, 2010 19:14:16

Spec is okay (as long as you have 1 point in Focused Aim for that 1% hit you're missing).
Gear is okay except one of the trinkets which is not the greatest for hunters.
I'm not taking the ArP path myself untill I know I'll be as close as possible to the hard cap so staying gemmed agi until then. This is a matter of prefference tbh but I think agi > arp until 1.2k+.

Okay from my part for a trial.

So!.... T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

Flavsios
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Flavsios - Hunter - Marksmanship

Postby Flavsios » Sat Apr 10, 2010 19:31:04

" Hunter Hit Rating
For a level 80 hunter, 32.79 hit rating gives you 1% hit.
263 Hit Rating is needed to reach the Hit Cap
With 3/3 Focused Aim 164 Hit Rating is needed to reach the hit cap
With 2/3 Focused Aim 197 Hit Rating is needed to reach the hit cap
With 1/3 Focused Aim 230 Hit Rating is needed to reach the hit cap " x]

About the trinket, i have Whispering Fanged Skull, from Lady Deathwhisper 10 man but with Needle-Encrusted Scorpion I can get " Chance on melee or ranged critical strike to increase your armor penetration rating by 678 for 10 sec. ".
...and still looking for Deathbringer's Will.

" I'm not taking the ArP path myself untill I know I'll be as close as possible to the hard cap so staying gemmed agi until then. This is a matter of prefference tbh but I think agi > arp until 1.2k+. "
I know that the cap for Armor Penetration its 1400 but in my opinion you should read this web site, http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/15898 ... e-paragon/. I was gemmed with Agility too but with 900+ armor penetration you can make more Dps. (This is my opinion sure x])

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sat Apr 10, 2010 20:33:45

Flavsios wrote:"I know that the cap for Armor Penetration its 1400 but in my opinion you should read this web site, http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/15898 ... e-paragon/. I was gemmed with Agility too but with 900+ armor penetration you can make more Dps. (This is my opinion sure x])

Well its the Paragon hunter and not your opinion then... Unless theirs math or theorycraft to suggest this is the case then I wouldn't take general assumptions as the Gospeltruth - Yes of course he's in the number 1 raiding guild in the world, but the guy probarly 90% of the time has BiS gear, so he obviously could be looking at it from a completely perspective.

Also I know from personal experience that the needle scorpian trinket is actually pretty lacklustre. Its a nice starting trinket, but in reality it only proc's of Crits and the internal CD of it really is the killer - its much higher than that of the trinket that drops from Thorim 10 man HC (name I cant remeber). So your really only going to get 2 proc's in most boss fights. Also if your well above the ARP soft cap then the X amount of ARP over the hardcap of 1400 is lost DPS.

Anyway, Your application seems decent enough, Fxr has given you the thumbs up, plus we are looking to recruit another hunter asap, so am okay also on giving you a trial.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Sat Apr 10, 2010 20:38:43

Flavsios wrote:" Hunter Hit Rating
For a level 80 hunter, 32.79 hit rating gives you 1% hit.
263 Hit Rating is needed to reach the Hit Cap
With 3/3 Focused Aim 164 Hit Rating is needed to reach the hit cap
With 2/3 Focused Aim 197 Hit Rating is needed to reach the hit cap
With 1/3 Focused Aim 230 Hit Rating is needed to reach the hit cap " x]

Yes ... that's what I said. I couldn't see the spec on the armory. Showed all talents at 0.

Flavsios wrote:About the trinket, i have Whispering Fanged Skull, from Lady Deathwhisper 10 man but with Needle-Encrusted Scorpion I can get " Chance on melee or ranged critical strike to increase your armor penetration rating by 678 for 10 sec. ".
...and still looking for Deathbringer's Will.

I was not reffering to Needle-Encrusted Scorpion, I was reffering to the other one.

Flavsios wrote:" I'm not taking the ArP path myself untill I know I'll be as close as possible to the hard cap so staying gemmed agi until then. This is a matter of prefference tbh but I think agi > arp until 1.2k+. "
I know that the cap for Armor Penetration its 1400 but in my opinion you should read this web site, http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/15898 ... e-paragon/. I was gemmed with Agility too but with 900+ armor penetration you can make more Dps. (This is my opinion sure x])

Like I said that was just my prefference. So no point in arguing with me unless what you say is different ? It's not really an argument if we say the same thing. :)

So!.... T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

Flavsios
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Flavsios » Sat Apr 10, 2010 20:46:06

Thanks both for your opinions and for voting for a trial x]
By the way, Darkfuryan said that you guys are very friendly and accessible and i can notice that.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sat Apr 10, 2010 20:49:19

Don't know who Darkfuryan is, but yes we treat others how we expect to be treated ourselves.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Flavsios
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Flavsios » Sat Apr 10, 2010 20:52:43

He is an Arrobas (main) / Shinca (alt) friend and my friend too. He knows one of your officers i think.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sat Apr 10, 2010 20:56:24

Ah right, yeah. Arrobas used to play with us on his Mage. Parted ways with us, as he never passed his trial - Nice of him to say that though.

Anyway, /w an officer for an invite.

Flavsios
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Flavsios » Sat Apr 10, 2010 21:00:37

Ok, thanks for the opportunity!

Return to Accepted Applications