Spec: Holy

RL Name?
Colin Doherty

Age?

Nationality?
Irish

Can you speak and understand English?
Fluently :)

AE raids 3 times a week: Wed, Thurs, Sunday 20:30 - 23/24:00? We expect 100% Raid attendance on these nights can you make these times okay?
The raid times and days are perfect for me. I work full time but finish most days latest 5.30 so i will be available anytime for raids )

Have you got Teamspeak3 ? We are a very sociable group and are always talking on TS3, Although not mandatory are you prepared to Talk on TS3 (Not Just listen)?
I do not have it atm but i can download it and use it if required. I have an excellent quality of mic also.

Do you know or have any friends currently in the guild? If not do you know a player (such as an ex-GM/Officer) we could approach to enquire about you? (optional)
I know Siopel and Castiron as they are irl mates of mine. I have played with them since i began and they speak highly of you guys so far, even though they have only recently joined on trials.

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
As i said my irl mates joined you guys recently so they have been singing ure praises. Also from playing on Frostmane ive played with some of your members and the few i have met have seemed standup guys/gals. I know you have cleared icc10 and working on icc25 so your reputation speaks for itself. Expectations would be of course to progres as much as possible of course and also to find an enjoyable and social environment that increases my fun ingame. A fun and pro guild, what more can i ask? :)

Talent Distribution (e.g. 18/0/53)?
51-5-15

Why are you this spec? Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain?
My spec is currently 51-5-15. I specced this way as it is the standard and all round best for paladin healers nthat dont want to focus the spells they cast, like mostly HL or mostly FoL, this spec balances my healing out better for the encounters in icc which differentiate alot. I have geared like a typical paladin and thats caster plate of course, except in a few instances like my chest where i have went for cloth as it has better stats than the plate caster drops i have seen so far. Gems wise i have stacked mostly int which is textbook of a paladin. I am over the haste soft cap with gear only so i have no need to boost that. Intellect increases mana pool significantly and increases my crit chance significantly so it is ideal for paladin healers. My enchants are usually just the best caster enchants i can recieve for that piece of gear e.g sp on weapons or gloves. If i required a boost to a ertain stat i would try and enchant for it or if needs be gem for it, but atm my stats are all where i want them to be and my healing is constantly getting better so i must be doing something right P.

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
Well as a healer i dont beliee in certain rotations, it all depends on the encounter or the situation your in. Paladin healing is as im sure you know mainly tank healing due to our massive and op HL spells which i can dish out up to 38k self buffed crits. Its also about timing and learning encounters well enough to anticipate high damage so you can boot up a spell to optimise healing times. However, i do always ensure in raids that i have the main tank beaconed so that they are basically covered partially when i help heal raid or have to heal the OT. I wold also tend to Sacred Shield whomever is taking the most damage at the time or if the aggro has to switch between tanks, i would ensure i have SS on the tank taking aggro to shield him for the initial pull damage. Again i stress that its all about the situation that decides what way to heal or which spells to use :).

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
I was in guild Nazgul and joined them from when i started WoW a few years ago and i was only in them for social reasons only and they did very little raids, all good people though and i have alo of time for them :).

I was also in a guild called Adepto and i left them due to alot of members leaving and we struggled to raid and raid on vthe set times we decided upn.

I am currently in Septima Gemina and i am only in here as a filler guild so i can find a more permanent residence, and i hope that residence is AE.

Prior raiding experience? (WOTLK only)
i have done all the raids in WOTLK and cleared them all except icc10/25. This is due to either joining pugs that will rarely clear past 2 qurters or because in guild runs i have done people where never dedicated enough which really grinded my gears. How do you expect to win if you dont lose and learn from your mistakes? Im a firm believer in grinding out fights and beating them soundly, recieving both EPIC LEWTZ!!!(lol) and satisfaction of downing a previous obstacle.

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
very happy, im bit of a forum whore so ill hopefully have the chance to share my thoughts and views on whichever topics are on lol.

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI? (Optional)
i am currently on my laptop and not onmy main computer where i play WoW so i cannot do this unfortunately but ill be more than happy to if required when i recieve how my application has went :).

Post a link to any previous WoL Raid Reports of DPS/HPS? (Optional)
See 15. Usually though i hold a very high HoT count as most paladins would. My overhealing also is minimal in comparison to other Healadins.

Any Final Words? (Your chance to to tell us a bit about you)
Well i believe that you application form has covered everything and all i want to say is that if im successfull i know i can bring skills and experience to the table for you. Also, ill alwas be around to help someone if needed and supply any information i can on questions put to me or to someone asking for help. Hopefully i can speak to you all soon in the green font of AE guild chat :).

Moots

WoW Armory Link: Moots
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
George S. Patton

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Re: Moots - Paladin - Holy

Postby Rza » Sat May 01, 2010 18:26:39

Top application mate.

Definate yes from me.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

bob
Ryu
Ryu

Postby bob » Sat May 01, 2010 18:33:12

Looks good to me

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Sat May 01, 2010 19:29:34

Moots wrote:Nationality?
Irish

Can you speak and understand English?
Fluently :)

Contradiction.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Sat May 01, 2010 20:26:44

he went to school and studied hard in english =P

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Moots
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Postby Moots » Sun May 02, 2010 12:46:15

i are good english talker :P

What happens now may i ask? will i just /w one of you officers ingame or whats the plan batman?
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
George S. Patton

Jupsik
Steven Seagal
Steven Seagal

Postby Jupsik » Sun May 02, 2010 13:37:46

Yeh, give one of the officer a whisper.

Boorz! i demand a new sig :D
Request granted!

Pride
Naruto
Naruto

Postby Pride » Sun May 02, 2010 19:01:54

My overhealing also is minimal in comparison to other Healadins.

Ooooh, I smell a challenge incoming.

Moots
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Postby Moots » Mon May 03, 2010 13:07:30

all i can smell is fear and incoming defeat for you! :P. My curent comp has shit itself so as soon as i get it fixed or replaced the chllenge will have to wait amigo! On laptop here atm.
George S. Patton

Return to Accepted Applications