Nickelas - Hunter - Survival

Postby Nickelas » Sun May 09, 2010 23:59:41

Character Name: Nickelas
Class: Hunter :hunter:
Spec: Survival

RL Name?
Nicklas Hansen

Age?
17. I did notice the 18+, but I decided to give it a go anyway. I hope that you'll find me mature enough.

Nationality?
Denmark

Can you speak and understand English?
I can speak and understand english fluently.

AE raids 3 times a week: Wed, Thurs, Sunday 20:30 - 23/24:00? We expect 100% Raid attendance on these nights can you make these times okay?
I'll definetely do my best to keep my attendance at a maximum, and as far as what previous raid schedules concerns, I have managed to do that just fine.

Have you got Teamspeak3 ? We are a very sociable group and are always talking on TS3, Although not mandatory are you prepared to Talk on TS3 (Not Just listen)?
I have it installed, and I will be ready to talk. I might be a little shy the first few times, but I'll adapt and change as I get used to you.

Do you know or have any friends currently in the guild? If not do you know a player (such as an ex-GM/Officer) we could approach to enquire about you? (optional)
Unfortunate as it is, I don't know anyone.

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
I have browsed the internet for a long time. A friend told me about www.wowprogress.com, and had a look at Frostmane, a realm I used to play on back in vanilla. Your guild sounded interesting, and I've wanted to raid 25 man content for a long time now. If I am lucky to get in the guild, I do not expect much more than a warm welcome :-)

Talent Distribution (e.g. 18/0/53)?
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen ... as&group=1
0/14/57

Why are you this spec? Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain?
Due to my spec, it is definetely agility that benefits my class the most, as it gives me attack power and crit on the same time. Which is exactly why that is what I have gemmed. Yes, I am aware that my hit rating is way above the cap atm, and I'm currently working on a solution for that. ;-)

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
That depends on the fight. On longer fights I tend to pop my cooldowns, as I might get to use them twice in the fight, but then my shot rotation/priority goes like this: Explosive Shot -> Black Arrow -> Serpent Sting -> Aimed Shot (Which I have specc'd for) and Steady Shot. With a constant uptime on Serpent Sting and a decent uptime on Black Arrow (which most survival hunters I think, will agree on me, got a long cooldown), the rotation is nice and not so dynamic. When my Lock'n'Load procs, I shoot 3 Explosive Shots with a slight delay, to make sure that I get all the ticks I can get on the boss. Threat is not a problem for me, as I start the fight by misdirecting my threat, and feign death in times of emergency.

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
I am currently in an alliance guild Fort Knox Warriors. To make a long story short, I've grown tired of raiding 10-man content 4 times a week. I want to experience 25-man raiding. FKT does not carry enough members to do so. I've been raiding with FKT for half a year now.

Prior raiding experience? (WOTLK only)
Naxxramas 10/25 cleared, Ulduar 10 (-Yogg and Algalon), ToC 10 cleared (2 HM's) ToC 25 cleared, ICC 10 (10/12) Know tacs for all ICC. Unfortunately I've never been able to adapt to the 25 man version of ICC, as I've only done the trash till Lord Marrowgar. I just want add, that I quick at learning new things, and I will not cause continuous trouble for you.

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
Most certainly, yes! I love the way you've made this forum, it's really of raised quality compared with guild'o'matics :-)

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI? (Optional)
Not Completed By Applicant

Post a link to any previous WoL Raid Reports of DPS/HPS? (Optional)
Not Completed By Applicant

Any Final Words? (Your chance to to tell us a bit about you)
I am a very down to earth guy, who enjoys have fun playing World of Warcraft, but that is not the only thing I enjoy. My sparetime I spend with my girlfriend. I also like playing music, piano and guitar - I tend to sing a lot as well :-) Other than that I just love to relax and have a good time.

WoW Armory Link: Nickelas

Nickelas
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Re: Nickelas - Hunter - Survival

Postby Nickelas » Mon May 10, 2010 00:04:06

I just want to add something to
"Why are you this spec?"
Survival is the spec I feel most comfortable in, and has always been the best choice for me gearwise. I did spec MMS once, and I managed to get just above the Armor Penetration soft cap - but it just didn't work out fully for me. I am convinced that if I had got a bit more Armor Penetration, I would've come out with another idea of how to play MMS. But for now, I will benefit After Effect most in survival spec :-)

Nickelas
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Nickelas » Mon May 10, 2010 00:19:41

Jupsik
Steven Seagal
Steven Seagal

Postby Jupsik » Mon May 10, 2010 06:50:14

tbh i'm quite happy to look passed the age, its been a while since I've actually found an application that keeps me interested until the end.
+1
(then again i have no idea about hunters, so might be wrong.)

Boorz! i demand a new sig :D
Request granted!

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Mon May 10, 2010 07:30:45

Hello mate and thank you for taking the time to apply to our guild.
First of all concerning your gear your hit is waaaaay over capped but that could change easily by 2 upgrades to chest and 2h. Other fact is that survival is just behind MM. It has been that way since ulduar and MM will keep being better the more and more passive arp you get(closer and closer to the harcap). So you might consider speccing into that and keeping your gems (just remove the ap and agi and sta ones).
At the moment there are 2 active hunters that I'm pretty happy with + myself. Not really sure how you would fit in the current roster.
From a gear point of view change 2 gems and your spec and you're good to go :)
Any other officer thoughts ?

So!.... T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Mon May 10, 2010 09:08:16

While my knowledge of hunters is extremely limited i like the application and the gear is pretty much as high as i'd expect given you've not managed to get any run in icc25.

The only issue really is the fact we got pretty active hunters as it is :(
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Jupsik
Steven Seagal
Steven Seagal

Postby Jupsik » Mon May 10, 2010 09:37:22

well, you can never have to many good dpsers, and i mean if your willing to battle against two other hunters, then why not?
If we get an other Fxr 2.0 (he came with certain bugs in the software) then it'll be worth it.
What else is a trial spot for?

Request granted!

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Mon May 10, 2010 09:55:26

Trials are for making people do work without having to pay them, ask bob he knows the score =D

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Jupsik
Steven Seagal
Steven Seagal

Postby Jupsik » Mon May 10, 2010 09:58:09

That bit comes hidden with the dkp system, trial= low dkp = smaller chance to obtain loot :P, but they don't have to know that =P.

Request granted!

Nickelas
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Nickelas » Mon May 10, 2010 11:02:47

You know what, I will happily change to MMS if that is what you desire :-) But, I will need som practise in the spec and I will do my hardest to make it work. I have Quel'Delar, Ferocity of the Scorned in the bank for MMS :-)

What I do need is an Armor Penetration trinket, so I might want to get the Banner of Victory from ToC :-)

I don't mind "battling" with two other hunters, I just enjoy raiding and I really want this :)

Thanks for all your response, I am happy to see that :-)

Regards,
Nickelas :-)

Next

Return to Accepted Applications