Character Name: Dreadz
Class: Warrior :warrior:
Spec: Arms

Name?
Joel

Age? (18+ Only).

Nationality?
English

We are a very sociable group and playing as a team is absolutely essential to us, Have you got Teamspeak3 and can you communicate clearly in English?
Yes to both :)

AFX raids 2/3 times a week and we expect 100% Raid attendance on these nights! Currently this is a Wednesday and Sunday 20:00 - 23:00 servertime
Not a problem, i'm a student so lots of free time!

Do you know or have any friends currently in the guild? If not do you know a player (such as an ex-GM/Officer) we could approach to enquire about you? (optional)
Nope

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
Was looking into moving to Al'Akir with Meichi as i had heard it was a good server for raiding and pvp, found the guild post on the server forums and it sounded like the perfect guild for us.

Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain?
Prot:
Mastery heavy for significantly reducing damage taken, as well as increasing threat. Feel that i haver enough health with my stam trinket so no need to gem stam. Started reforging for a bit of hit and exp for more threat and rage generation.

Arms:
Going to do a bit more research into this but i have been gemming crit as apparently this is better than gemming strength due to crits from mortal strike and colossus smash triggering enrage.

We raid 10 man's only and offspecing/alts is extremely desirable to us? What is your offspec and is it well geared? Do you have any Alts?
Prot will be my off-specc, as it stands my gear is decent and prot is what i have mainly played on and off since the start of WOTLK. I also have a shammy lvl 88 which will be going resto or ele MS at 90.

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
Prot
Single target prio: Shield block when enough rage, shield slam, revenge, shouts for rage, thunder clap to keep up weakened blows, devastate to keep up weakened armour, heroic strike to consume ultimatum and to rage dump.

AoE Prio: Thunderclap to spread deep wounds, shockwave on CD, revenge, heroic leap on CD, tab and cleave for rage dumping.

Arms
Single target prio: Mortal strike, colossus smash, heroic leap if colossus smash buff is up, execute, overpower, heroic strike, slam to rage dump.

AoE prio: Sweeping strikes, thunderclap, whirlwind, dragon roar on cd, cleave to rage dump.

On all speccs Skull banner & shattering throw on BL.

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
Bound in blood, nice people but not raiding at the level we are used to. Not much else going on on stormrage.

Raiding experience? (MoP only)
6/6

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
Most certainly :)

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (imgur links only please)
My UI is pretty standard, i was using a similar UI to meichi however my harddrive became faulty and was wiped. I have been raiding with the standard ui for now and may change it if i think it will improve my raid performance. (Obviously still have add-ons such as omnicc, tidy plates etc.)
http://i.imgur.com/325FJHl.jpg

Post a link to any previous WoL Raid Reports of DPS/HPS? (Optional)
Not got around to using raid logs due to being a tank/lazy but intend to for 5.2 as dps.

Any Final Words? (Your chance to to tell us a bit about you)
I'm a uni student studying environmental science in my first year and loving it. Been a pretty keen gamer for a number of years now and have played wow on and off since vanilla (very casually to start with.) Games are pretty much what keeps me sane during the many free hours you get as a student :) Pretty experienced raider although missed the majority of cata due to taking part in a conservation project abroad. Meichi and i have raided together a lot in the past and used to run our own raid guild during the end of wotlk/start of cata which was pretty successful. Just really looking to challenge myself with raiding, really got my eyes on heroic raiding in 5.2.

The other main games i'm playing atm are: bf3, Path of exile, BFBC2, SC2 etc. pretty much love anything with a multiplayer aspect.

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... adz/simple

Was at 472 i level but got really lucky with some drops last night and crafted some gloves, let me know if you want to take a look at my tank gear (ilevel 483) and i can log off again in tank gear.

I am going to look into fury so i may switch to that, i have more experience playing fury in the past and have heard it gives better numbers atm although arms is certainly decent.

I wont bother linking my shamman as it isn't 90 yet but you can expect it to be geared up during 5.2.

Happy to answer any questions you may have :)

WoW Armory Link: Dreadz
Last edited by Dreadz on Wed Feb 13, 2013 15:37:36, edited 1 time in total.

M3dPak
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Re: Dreadz - Warrior - Arms

Postby M3dPak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 15:36:05

i know im one of his good friends an all but i really wouldnt recommend this guys hes sooooooooooooooo baddddd!!

(that was a joke)

Links
Splinter
Splinter

Postby Links » Wed Feb 13, 2013 16:52:30

^^ I agree with m3dpak ;p

Out of self respect for yourself, please change your ui, it offends me that its 7years out of date ;p but each to their own!

Much like i said on your buddies post, again a nice application and generally feel youd fit in nicely with the rest of us, and everyone likes more brits, only issue is fitting the classes in to try and get an optimal setting with all buffs as well as keeping everyone happy, will wait and see what the others think, but provided we can sort the above out, thumbs up from me

M3dPak
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Postby M3dPak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 16:57:59

you see i did give him mine and even set all the lua files up for him, but alas he be not the brightest of the bunch..........

Dreadz
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Postby Dreadz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 17:09:55

Haha i'm going for the retro look!

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 19:02:31

Tukui or Elvui. Can't go wrong tbh.

Again nice application mate, exactly what we're after just a shame your not a DK! With a dps warrior we are guaranteed to not have all raid buffs - which is an issue long term progress wise.

However current normal content isn't too demanding, so no harm in letting yous guys join and see how yous fit in with us. If all goes to plan in 5.2 we'll most likely have to do a bit Jiggery pokery with class setups. Whether thats yous or current members we can see - Ideally you getting your shaman to 90 and going Ele then Meichi going hunter would be perfect.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

bob
Ryu
Ryu

Postby bob » Wed Feb 13, 2013 19:47:58

looks like the sort of guys we're looking for to me. :)

Dreadz
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Postby Dreadz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 21:25:24

I have to admit i'm not too keen on having my shammy as my main raider. If warrior really wouldnt fit i might be open to joining on him for now and powerleveling another class. If that was the case what would you guys want aside from ele shammy?

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 21:40:08

Deathknight

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 21:53:35

can throw you guys invites now if you like.

Next

Return to Accepted Applications